Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Beware of Flipkart

I have purchased one weighing scale for my personal use from Flipkart on line vendors recently. After I got the delivery, I found that the machine is not holding the indicator needle steady and as a result, it was giving wrong readings. As per the promise of the vendor, Flipkart I complained and without any hassle, they sent replacement. Now they have fulfilled their promise and it all appears to be perfect. However, when I saw the replacement, I found that it has the same defect as that I found with the first one. Now I have no choice but to keep it. The promise may not be of unlimited replacements, even though they have not committed that they will make only one replacement, it is presumed by simple purchasers like me that such offer is only for one replacement and so I did not do anything but to write a letter by email to the company and told my grievance. I have yet not received any reply to that. In my that letter I requested them to be more careful of their suppliers as if such experience continues with other suppliers Flipkart is likely to suffer from that. My intentions of that complain was wholesome.

I have no complain against this online vendor. The service of delivery, behavior of the delivery boy, everything is perfect and I am all praise for that. Nevertheless, the problem is not in this. It is in other place, the suppliers. Flipkart, I do not know, how they choose their suppliers. The supplier is an important member in this line of online business. If the supplier is manufacturing defective products, any number of replacements will not help the customers.

I want to warn my readers that this is not a solitary incidence. There may be many more such complains against the faulty product supplied by these online vendors. My request to them is that only keeping your side perfect is not enough to win the hearts of customers. If these vendors do not have control on the suppliers, they will be loosing their prestige in the eyes of customers.

When I inquired about why this weighing scale does not give, proper reading I came to know that the spring used for the scaling of weights is not properly tempered. If springs are correctly tempered, all springs will measure the weight exactly. Therefore, Flipkart should ask the manufacturer to be careful on tempering of the springs. I was also told that they get spring steel wires pre-tempered and they are mostly used in making of such scales. These pre-tempered steel wires lose their springiness after some time and begin to show wrong readings. I hope Flipkart will be more careful with these suppliers. I wish to buy more of my needs from this vendor but I feel rather unsafe due to this experience. This replacement promise is only eyewash I have begun to feel.



You may contact me on my Email ID given below,

You are invited to visit my other blogs
Ashok Kothare, http://ashokkotharesblog.blogspot.com/ for stories
I reckon, http://kotharesviews.blogspot.com/ for philosophy
You may visit blog, Ideas and tips on any subject, http://kotharay.blogspot.in/ for intelligent discussions.
Freedom of Expression, http://blogs.siliconindia.com/kothare/ for intelligent discussions.

My New Marathi Blog, http://kothare-marathi.blogspot.in/ मला असे वाटते

No comments:

Post a Comment